What is Dental Implant ?
Dental Implant is a small titanium post which is placed in jaw bone. It acts as an anchor for an artificial tooth.
Dental implant is the best & permanent way to replace missing tooth.
Both indigenous & imported implants are available. Indigenous implants are more affordable than imported one. Now a days we place affordable indigenous implant.
There are three phases to make a implant supported tooth :-
- Surgical phase : Under local anaesthesia implant is placed during this period. Admission in nursing home is not required during implant placement.
- Healing phase : Titanium implant takes three to four months to get attached with surrounding bone.This is called osseo-integration phase.
- Restoration phase : A ceramic crown is made & fix it up over the implant head & now it will act like natural tooth.
Benefits of Implant :
- Permanent tooth replacement.
- Better aesthetic.
- More comfort.
- Eat easier & better.
- Smile without reservation.
- Be healthier & look younger.
- No crown down adjacent tooth.
- It functions better than conventional dental bridges & dentures.
Feel so natural that you may forget to have ever lost a tooth.